Complaints Management & Enforcement Department (CMED) at BIS HQ in New Delhi is working with Public Grievance Officers at all its Regional and Branch Offices to provide consumers with prompt attention and speedy redressal of their grievances/complaints. Grievance/Complaint can be lodged regarding BIS certified products under various schemes or Services rendered by BIS, in the following manner:
The complaint can be lodged on the following:
- Quality of BIS Certified Products including products under Compulsory Registration Scheme and Hallmarking Scheme.
- Misuse of BIS Standard Mark
- Violation of Quality Control Order
- Misleading claims of conformity to ISS through Advertisements/Leaflets/Price Lists etc
- Services Related (For services provided by different departments of BIS)
- Others/Miscellaneous including operational issues
Information required for recording complaints on:
1. Quality of BIS Certified Products including products under Compulsory Registration Scheme and Hallmarking Scheme.
- Provide details of the product such as name/type/size/grade/variety etc.
- Provide details of source and date of purchase along with batch no. licence number, whether Standard Mark Present or not, etc.
- Preserve the cash memo, if available.
- Keep the product complained about and its packing in safe custody till the visit of an inspecting officer of the Bureau of Indian Standards.
2. Misuse of BIS Standard Mark
- Provide complete details of the product and its packaging and labelling including availability of evidence of misuse of Standard Mark.
- Provide complete address (with landmark) of the retailer/dealer from where the product is purchased or observed.
- In case it is purchased then provide purchase details like cash memo, etc.
- Indicate complete address (with landmark) of the unit (manufacturing) where misuse of standard mark is taking place along with evidences (photos etc.) in case available
3. Violation of Quality Control Order
- Provide complete address (with landmark) of the retailer/dealer/exhibitor where the violation is observed.
- In case the product has been purchased, provide purchase details like cash memo, etc.
- If known, indicate complete address (with landmark) of the unit (manufacturing) where such violation is taking place.
- Please provide evidences (photos etc.) for the above.
4. Misleading Claims of Conformity to IS
- Indicate the manner and mode employed for the misleading claim of conformity to Indian Standard (print media, electronic media, social media, leaflets, prices lists etc.).
- Provide an image/copy of the misleading claim as above
- Provide details of the address/weblink where the misleading claim is available, if applicable.
5. Services Related and Other Miscellaneous Complaints
- Indicate the name/type of services availed from BIS and also provide the specific details.
- If applicable, provide a copy of the cash memo in case it is applicable.