IS/ISO 21001 is based on IS/ISO 9001 – Quality Management Systems, but it provides a specific framework for educational organizations that aim to enhance the satisfaction of their learners by improving the educational processes and ensuring conformity to learners’ requirements.
The potential benefits to an organization from implementing ISO 21001 are:.
- better alignment of educational mission, vision, objectives and action plans
- promotion of self-learning and lifelong learning opportunities.
- more personalized learning and effective response to special educational needs
- consistent processes and evaluation tools to demonstrate and increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- increased credibility of the educational organization.
- recognized means to enable organizations to demonstrate commitment to education management practices in the most effective manner.
- a model for improvement.
- harmonization of national standards within an international framework.
- widened participation of interested parties.
- stimulation of excellence and innovation.